Pages

Monday 1 April 2019

Ink blending tips and hand made shimmer spray.


I love ink blended backgrounds. I often see other creators such as Jennifer McGuire creating this type of card. I wondered if I could utilise my Stampin' Up! supplies to get the same look

I think we can say that is a big fat YES !!!! hello lovely ink blended background using four Stampin' Up! ink pads. Highland Heather, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody and Coastal Cabana.

My statement Thank you is from the thank you thinlits, a two piece set the second being happy birthday.

To add extra interest I made up some shimmer spray by flicking plain water drops onto my background. I let the water react with the ink and when I had the look I wanted quickly set it with my heat tool. 

Then I added Stampin' Up! shimmer paint to a small spritz bottle of water. You can make these with alcohol solution but it works fine with just water simply takes longer to dry or use your heat tool. Spray from high up to get a fine mist then heat set to dry quickly.


I added my background strip to my card base using foam strips for a little dimesion. My die cuts and been backed on self adhesive sheet so all I had to do was peel off the backing and add it to my card... hey presto a beautiful thank you card.

I do have a step by step tutorial to share exactly how to do ink blending with Stampin' Up! inks. so get comfy sit back and enjoy the video.

VIDEO WILL LOAD HERE ONCE PROCESSED

Happy stamping xxx Amanda


Product List

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Amanda. I live how you have positioned the sentiment. It really stands out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique. Looks so impressive. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that effect.It's good to be reminded we don't need 'fancy dancy' kit to produce some lovely results, just play around and see what happens.Thanks Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! I think I can give it a try now since I don't need any fancy blending tools.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant ideas, thanks Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched the video. Lovely idea Amanda thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this card is stunning, thank you so much for the inspiration...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete