Pages

Sunday 21 June 2020

Bloom and Grow pencil coloured thank you card.


I really do get great enjoyment from colouring beautiful stamped images with my colouring pencils. The outcome is not only beautiful and original, it is calming and mindful something many of us can benefit from especially just now in or crazy world with Covid19.



I treat myself to a large pack of varied coloured pencils a few days back and used these on this card. They aren't watercolour pencils just standard ones out what lovely colours I was very please.

I used the Stamping' Up! Bloom and grow stamp set and the THANKS comes from Ornate thanks. Together they create a lovely card. 

I created the square centre by cutting scrap card to 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 " and attached with a removable glue dot. Then as I stamped this acted as a mask. Once removed I used a black finaliser to draw out the square.

I had stamped in smokey slate in then decided it was too subtle so like a crazy lady I went around the entire image with a black fine liner. I could have just stamped again in black but the fine liner gave me such a sharp and fine outline it was worth the extra work.

I hope you will try this design for yourself and try colouring it really is calming for the mind.

Have a fantastic day.    Happy stamping xxx Amanda 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment