Pages

Thursday 3 February 2022

Peacock plumes concertina fold tutorial



I made a card !!! my first in a very long time.

Those who have followed my blog will know I shared cards LOTS and kinda lost my love for it. After being contacted by Craftstash UK to share some of their designers products I thought I would tip my toe back in the water. This set made me fall in love with cardmaking all over again ... there will be more to come.

I have been working with the Peacock Plumes collection by the talented Lou Collins. You can find her entire TEXT{ures} collection by clicking the collection image below.




I kept the fold very basic, making simple card folds means anyone can try them. I also wanted to focus on the stunning papers and THAT AMAZING PEACOCK wow what a statement piece. Delicate and yet bold at the same time.

This beauty was cut from a sheet of the beautiful papers in the collection which has beautiful spectrum or ombre look. It's simple but stunning .

The dies cut beautifully without any drama which is important for me. And saves us all time when they cut cleanly. 

On my sample card I cut the Peacock in white card and then coloured with sponges and distress ink.

You can see my full process on the video link below. Hopefully this can help inspire you in your creativity.

I will leave measurements below for the card so it's super easy for you to follow along and create your own.

Have fun creating xxx Amanda


                            
           

Card measurements


Cut A4 cord on short side to 5 7/8" score at 1 1/2, 4 1/2 and 7 1/2"
Patterned paper. Panel one 1 3/8 x  5 3/4", panel 2 7/8 x 53/4", Panel 3 4 x 5 3/4"

Disclaimer Some of the product links used are affiliated, these do not cost you extra but by using them I will receive a small % of the sales which then help me to continue bringing you great free YouTube tutorials. Thank you so much for the support of my channel. x Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment