Pages

Monday 1 June 2020

Fun slide and lock fancy fold card tutorial

How cool is this card !! .. it has a fun' locking mechanism' you can slide up and off the card to open it. I saw a crafter named Nicola Mason use this technique in a journal she made and shared on a journal page I follow. The second I saw it I had to try it. A great idea to add to your repertoire as it were and useful for lots of crafty projects. Watch my YouTube video below to see how it works AND how its made.



I used the beautiful Stampin' Up! Flowers for every season papers, bright bold and fun. I also used the brand new stamp and punch bundle which goes with the paper... Jar of flowers. THER most fun suite we even have mason jar shaped clear shaker domes. Imagine the fun you can have with this cute Stamp and punch bundles are budget friendly and my go to crafty collectable.

Enough drooling over the products.. I have a step by step video tutorial below. And to make your life easier I have listed all the measurements too. No excuse to not try this for yourself !!

Have fun creating.

Happy stamping xxxx Amanda



 Product List


Measurements

Cut card to 5 7.8" 11"score at each end at 2 3/4 then take one end and trim an extra tiny sliver from the 5 7/8 end I choose the left flap … just a tiny amount to aid the locking mechanism to slide easier.

cut two dsp ( patterned paper) panels for each front flap to 5 5/8 x 2 1/2" 

Locking mechanism … cut four 4 x 4" squares, score two at 2 " fold in half. Put the folded pieces spine to spine and glue to one of the 4 x 4 squares. Glue the last 4 x 4 square on top.

Centre part dsp layer cut to 3 3/4 x 3 3/4".

Magenta madness card square cut to 3 x 3 " layer with 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 stitched square die or plane cut square.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I couldn't go to your video via your link, it didn't seem to work!
    Could you recheck for me please.

    Thank you & enjoy your day, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete