Pages

Monday 18 May 2020

Split card technique with 'To A Wild Rose'

I saw this awesome idea on YouTube and had to try it immediately … credit to Jennifer McGuire for this super easy yet utterly stunning effect.

Simply named the split technique it is what it says... one technique split into two card fronts.
So one lot of work to create two awesome card fronts. Equally beautiful.

I used the Stampin' Up! To A Wild Rose set a beautiful three step photopolymer set. Easy as pie to line up and use with or without a precision stamping tool.

I used Blushing bride for step one, Melon Mambo step two and Lovely Lipstick for step three. For the leaves I used Granny Apple green and stamped of for the internal shading  Then simply cut out the stamped images ready to layer on.

I cut a sheet of card 8 x 5 3/4" lightly scoring the middle at 4". St the centre point arrange and glue the stamped images, trim and excess then cut straight down the middle at 4"to gain two card fronts. These are then simply layered on a card base of your choice I chose white.

Add a simple sentiment and gems if desired. I coloured mine with Lovely lipstick alcohol marker.

BOOM ! thank you Jennifer for the inspiration. I did a full process video while I made this card if you would like to craft along and see how to use the To A Wild Rose set.

Thank you sop much for joining me today please do subscribe to this blog and to my YouTube chanel and come along to say hi.

Happy Stamping xxxx Amanda


Product List

Video Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment