Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Fun ' locked' notebook design.

After being massively inspired by a 3d project I saw on the recent Stampin' Up! Greek incentive trip I had an adaptation floating around in my head. Today I finally got to fishing it out of there and on to my craft desk. What I came up with is a simply decorated notebook with a cover which locks into place with a pretty butterfly.
The concept isn't new but I took the idea and made it my own. I just love the craft / crumb cake card against the black. I think it is an elegant timeless combination.
So as you likely can see you pull up the wings of the butterfly so it slips out of the punched slot, thus unlocking the notebook ..what fun.

I have a fun and full step by step YouTube video for you to follow along to so you can create one yourself. These are fun to make and you can adapt the size to fit whatever notebooks you have to hand or can get local to you.

So why not grab a fresh cool drink … its super hot in the UK right now... and come sit in the cool and watch the video.

Happy stamping xxx Amanda

Product List

Video tutorial


Meausrements

cut card to 11 1/2 x 3 3/8" score at 4 - 4 1/4 - 8 1/4 and 8 1/2"
or  29.2 x 8.6 cms score at 10.2 - 10.8 - 20.9 - and 21.6 cms

flap cut card to 4 1/2 x 2 3/8" score at 1 and 1 3/8"
or 11.4 x 6 cms score at 2.5 - 3.5 cms.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant, love doing notebooks, will be doing some of these, thank you Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! Thanks for another wonderful share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri Gaines was the creator of the Shipping Boxes Note card holder... :)

    ReplyDelete