Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Origami fold chocolate mint box

Ok so Onstage is looming for us demonstrators. The best times of the year for me are these Stampin' Up! events. But ….. swaps always stress me out. Either I don't have time to do them, or I do them and forget to take them. Year on year has been a disaster NOT THIS YEAR ..I have a plan. Let me share with you one of the swaps I will be making.
So provided I don't eat all the mints before the event ...which I have done before groan ! ... this is my swap. A simple and quick ...once you get in the groove.. origami fold after dinner mint box. Super bright and cheery, budget friendly and cute !.. problem solved.

I used Garden Impressions DSP the bright busy patterns are perfect as orientation isn't an issue with this paper, making it soooo much easier to use. And I decorated simply with the A good day stamp set and co-ordinating scalloped circle punches. My little flower comes from the blossom builder punch. You could use any card and ink colour with this project its a great way to use up any scraps.

I do have a fun step by step tutorial for you to watch so you can try this at home … great for teacher gifts, craft fairs, table favours, wedding favours … who doesn't like a little treat ? I know I do.

So grab a cuppa, get comfy and enjoy the video.

Happy crafting xxx Amanda


Product List
Measurements 
Please note I create in inches, cm are via conversion so there may be a discrepancy.

Cut DSP to 5 7/8"x 5 1/2" ( or 14.9 cm x 14cm)
On long side score at 1 15/16" and 3 15/16" ( or 4.9cm  and 10cm)
On the short side score at 3/4"- 1 1/8" - 3 1/8" - 3 1/2" ( or 7.6cm - 2.9cm - 7.9cm - 8.9cm)

24 comments:

  1. Sooo luv this, so many ideas, tyfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your generosity and sharing just amazes me! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Pretty paper. Fortunately i dont like mint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this. However, my grandsons love those mints so much, it would need to hold a full box 😂😂 certainly going to make it for after dinner treats for visitors though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cute mini box......but still given the full treatment with embellishment! Less is never more as far as I'm concerned.....if in doubt, stick a flower on!��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super little gift. Thanks for sharing your swap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I’m going to have to size that up and see if our Whittaker’s chocolates fit into it. First project on my list this morning. Thanks, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto! I've also used the Garden Impressions for my swaps and guess what? They also have a little choc surprise in them. So please save me one of your delightful little packages of fun! See you soon Yorkshire Lass!! Crafty Hugs from the Lancashire Lass........

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab. A lady who comes in our shop has asked me to make 20 treats for guests at a dinner party she's having for her 70th birthday, which I have started but might try and do these as well. Thanks Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I came up as Unknown, it's meeeee Debbie Doneely 😂

      Delete
  10. omg iPads going barmy on me, meant Donnelly. It's been a long day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this idea, will be making these, as i always give a gift to my ladies who attend classes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, and chocolate 🍫😋

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making mini treats like this, it takes seconds and they look so effective tfs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love boxes and bags. Love this. Pretty papers. Thanks for sharing. Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These would also be lovely as Xmas table gifts/place settings. Angie from Crete

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these Amanda but I would have to eat the after eights I love them :) I have notice that they are not for sale in your shop!!!
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally got to watch a whole videoand come to blog. How crazy that we can get busy day after day after day and get absolutely nothing fun done for ourselves. Great day to ya Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love these mini boxes Amanda.They are just too cute.I will be trying these next but right now I'm working on the little triangular boxes with the magnet.Doing these for my Sissy's school class for Xmas. Gotta get ahead since time flies so quickly. lol And am making 25 so far. Love that you work in inches also.Oh, and I esp love that little giggle of yours. It makes me smile.Keep up the great work :) Hi again from TN USA.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely idea Amanda. Don't count me in the draw as I have already won one thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I can’t wait to try these, love after eight so there is a good chance I shall be eating & making!
    Thank you.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your project! There probably wouldn't be any mints left by the time I was done lol. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute. Going to make to give at a crop I am going to next weekend. Thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete