Pages

Sunday 11 November 2018

Vintage inspired Christmas card.

Vintage style crafting has always captured my imagination along with Shabby Chic. I love when I can create this feel on a project using Stampin' Up! products as this is when I feel I am being true to my style and design ideas. I adore rich opulent colours such as the Cherry cobbler and Merry merlot in this card. I love layering, and I love mixing paper with fabric or ribbon.

I created a small hand stamped section then layered over this awesome script paper from the Festive Farmhouse paper stack. I " ragged" the edges of the stamped layer and the paper with the edge of my scissors then inked with a blending tool to give a softer look and add to the vintage feel. I am so proud of my bow how beautiful does it look with the merry merlot and copper ribbon ... Im so proud your getting a second photo here !!! ha ha ha You had best be impressed. I certainly was, not sure I could replicate it!


I chose a beautiful sentiment from the same stamp set and grabbed my favourite frame die from the Stitched frames set ... its just beautiful. Again I Inked the edges for softness and gently inked the rest of it to tone down the very vanilla card stock. Finished of with two simple pears and voila... I think it turned out pretty neat.

I do hope you will try this card if you do please do share it with me tag me on social media by my real name Amanda Charlesworth or by my alter ego ( brand ) Scrimpingmommy. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Happy Stamping xxxx Amanda

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment