Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Mini shaker wands

I adore crafting, and making new and fun items. These mini shaker wands are really fun and easy to make. And we don't need any foam tape either!

How cute would one look added to a card or a gift set your giving, use them in planners or layouts, You can add these as an embellishment to just about anything.

Not a new idea I just miniaturised this one and utilised our fab new scalloped circle punches. These punches are a cute and handy size for lots of things, especially this mini shaker.

We don't need foam tape here as we simply layer up punched out circles and glue them together, sandwiched between window sheet layers with another punched circle on the outside to enclose everything. I used sequins here and to be honest they are a tad large, I would prefer smaller sequins or seed beads, maybe even glitter ?

I punched out 8 circles in total two for the outer and 6 to make a thick layer in place of foam tape. This project is too mini for foam tape hence the layering. Start by punching a plain 1" circle into some card then over that re punch using the 1 3/8" scallop circle punch and VOILA ...repeat and layer. Punch out 2 x 1 3/8" window sheet for top and bottom layer.

I did add a 2 1/4" punched larger scallop using a non Stampin' Up! punch again punching 1" circle first. You could miss this out or use any shape, size, punch or die to create these. I finished of with a simple bow using my Bow builder punch and hot glued by stick to the bottom , covering at the rear with a small circle of card so it looks tidy. My sticks are mini cake pop sticks bought cheaply in my local area. I would suggest looking in the UK in pound shops or Home bargains etc in the baking section. You can even cut them down and get two from one stick using good scissors, they are merely compressed paper.

I do have a full step by step Youtube tutorial for you to craft along to so, grab a brew get comfy and enjoy the video. Links to products used are below and you can shop 24/7 with me via my shop here button to the right....

Happy crafting xxx Amanda
                               

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment