Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Shabby Vintage style card for GDP#126


A card can mean so much and especially when sent for a non occasion. There are more reasons to send a card than we realise, and a card can really brighten someones day. I made this card for a friend who i know is struggling right now. We all do from time to time when life can throw a curve ball. Showing we care can help. 

To help me design the card I followed this weeks Global Design project card sketch you can follow the GDP and check out this weeks challenge along with all the other entries here .

I went for a shabby vintage theme and as I didn't film this project I should relax and take my time.I distressed the edges of the middle and top layer with my lovely sharp Stampin' Up! snips. I find these better than any distress tool on the market. Using sponges I inked all the edges and blended the Sahara Sand ink heavier on the edges to give an aged look. The script stamp for the Hostess set Back ground bits has been dotted about quite randomly, and very feint, stamped of top to three times to give a faded worn look. The beautiful flower stars come from Hopeful thoughts a beautiful set to add to any stampers collection.

Stitched shape framelits were used to cut out the pretty sentiment. Using two oval sizes layered on dimensionals and backed with a trimmed down doily to add softness.

In a ll a simple yet pretty card... I do hope you enjoyed this project and will try it yourself. All the products used are listed below. Don't forget to click email subscription to my blog to get notifications of postings and also please do go over and take a look at the GDP site.

Happy stamping ... hugs xxx Amanda

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment