Pages

Monday 8 January 2018

Perennial Birthday ...mojo finder catalogue case project


Do you some days just loose your mojo... cant think what to make at all ? I know I do. this is where your Stampin' Up! catalogue is your best friend, your go to tool , because there are GREAT ideas in there as well as great products. The Stampin' Up! designers come up with amazing projects for the products we buy ...hey they are the experts they got them first !

The ideas are there for you to use... in the first instance you can case their designs, this often leads your mind to wander and before you know it your adding your own twist. You soon see other great ways to use the stamps and BINGO your mojo is back. So next time you hit a wall, hit the catalogue and see what the designers made.

I created my cards today casing the catalogue, I added some extras ... but the catalogue helped me get going. I selected the Perennial birthday stamp set. A great set with some all round birthday sentiments and great stamps to create custom backgrounds and card fronts, with 14 separate stamps in this set your pretty much covered for birthdays.

I made by card fairly small 4 x 4" square, this enables me to get three card bases from 1 sheet of A4 my third piece is a tad smaller but still good for a card. I paired up bright bold Berry burst with the softer pool party for a fresh fruity spring look. I think it came off well. I added some sploshes of watercolour wash and some splashes of darker Pool party ink using a paint brush. I also distressed the edges with scissors for a fun look. Just my little twist on the design and also my chance to play and get a bit messy.
Here you can see the subtle splashes created using the brush loaded with watery ink and tapped lightly to make the dotty splashes

I do have a full step by step YouTube video for you to follow so grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video. Products used and measurements are below for you to check out.

happy stamping xxx Amanda
Measurements
Cut card 8 x 4" score at 4" fold to make base
berry burts layer cut 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"
White stamping layer cut 3 3/8 x 3 3/8"

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of using my catalogue. What a great idea.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place was very comfortable. Restrooms were decent. Coming here with my friends was an amazing experience. This is my favorite event space San Francisco now, because of its excellent food, perfect lighting, vibrant atmosphere and great ventilation.

    ReplyDelete