Pages

Friday 24 November 2017

Gift box to fit 12 scented tea lights ....


Now I know how ...after lots of self teaching ...I love to make boxes. I have a notebook FULL of measurements for different ones to try. This one was originally designed to hold 3 x 3" note cards ...but I got to thinking. I had a play and found that four standard tea lights sit perfectly in the bottom. So by stacking in layers of four you can fit a whopping 12 luscious smelling scented tea light candles in this box making a perfect Christmas gift.

I kept it as basic as possible. I do this as much as I can so my projects are easy for you to replicate...I love seeing when crafters try my project ..so if you try this one make sure and send my a photo!..

I used the fantastic thicker weight Whisper White card stock so the box would be super sturdy. I decorated simply with layered strips of merry Christmas DSP. The colours and patterns complement each other beautifully. The box was finished of with the stunning striped wired ribbon and a tag stamped then punched using merry little labels bundle. I couldn't resist adding one of the mini ornaments with some jute twine as an added extra.

I hope you will give this project a try. Products used and measurements are listed below and I have a full step by step video tutorial on YouTube. So grab a brew ..... get comfy and enjoy the video.

Happy Christmas crafting , hugs xx Amanda


                                   
Measurements:-
Box cut card to 7 3/16 7 3/16" score on all four sides at 2"
Lid cut card to 6 1/4 x 6 1/4" score on all four sides at 1 1/2"
DSP cut three strips 12 " long ... cut one to 2 3/4 one to 2" and one to 1 1/2"

Product List

1 comment:

  1. I have tons of tea lights thanks to ikea, so definately going to give this a go. x

    ReplyDelete