Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Dragonfly dreams mixed media tag.


Sometimes I just need to get my hands all inky and make a big mess. I love the idea of mixed media and whilst I am no expert I love using a variety of mediums on a project. Today I was in a dreamy shabby vintage kinda mood and so set about creating this tag.

I used the Dragonfly dreams stamps and matching detailed dragonfly thinlits. I matched these with pretty lace patterned paper and lace doilies from the falling in love suite. paired with Sahara sand, Crumb cake and Sweet sugarplum inks I created dreamy effect adding to the pretty DSP.

In creating the dragonfly I wanted a 3d layered effect so cut one small and one large from very vanilla card and also a large dragonfly from sending love glassine sheet ... this gives a floaty soft and opaque layer to the dragonfly which was then inked gently with sahara sand and sweet sugar plumb. Gently combined with the very vanilla card this gives a soft three tone effect. Completed with a row of elegant small pearls to emphasise the body of the dragonfly.

I also used the " spotty" stamp from the set and further inked the edges of the tag which measures around 6 x 3 1/4". A hole in the top lets us tie pretty floaty Pink pirouette seam binding to the top tied off with very vanilla satin ribbon and topped with a rhinestone embellishment from the falling in love range... A pure joy to create and as my mantra goes.... Stampin' Up! is for more than just cards... Im sure you will agree.

A youtube tutorial will accompany this project and a link will be added here as soon as it had finished processing . I hope my project can inspire you to get Inky and messy too ...have fun .. Happy Stampin xx Amanda


3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda love this mixed media tag, please do more with Stampin Up products.
    Love your tutorials x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glue idea you shared with the soonge and tombo...I first heard from Connie Stewart (simplysimplestampin.com) She used the silicone mat under what she was gluing and project doesn't stick and mat wipes clean! Love the idea! Do enjoy you and your videos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glue idea you shared with the soonge and tombo...I first heard from Connie Stewart (simplysimplestampin.com) She used the silicone mat under what she was gluing and project doesn't stick and mat wipes clean! Love the idea! Do enjoy you and your videos! :)

    ReplyDelete