Pages

Friday 16 September 2016

Happy Friday ladies


Today I am going to attempt my 1st blog tutorial ... lets see how this works ...

So the project I had to do was some kind of treat holder to hold a pack of small biscuits .. you will have seen the kind,  individually wrapped the kind they put in hotel rooms. You know the ones you have eaten before even putting your case on the floor and whilst swiftly scanning the bathroom for free shampoo. We all do it ladies come on don't be shy !  Anyway these small treat holders I came up with as my swap item for my up coming Stampin' Up! team meet in Manchester ... May have mentioned it once or twice this week not that I'm excited or anything! Anyway I digress, so a simple solution was found and here is the result


I used sweet sugar plum card stock and Blossom and bloom DSP ... The Sentiment was built using the designer tin of tags stamp set which I have previously showcased.

So we started with a 9" x 2" strip pf card stock and a 6" x 1.5" strip of DSP


The card stock is then scored at 4 &1/8" and 4 & 5/8" this gives a small gusset to sit your treat. The card is then punched at each end using the Stampin' Up! scalloped tag top punch ...an absolute must purchase. The paper is scored at 1 & 1/4" -2"-4"- 4 & 3/4". This is then folded on the score lines and snail was used to join the two ends to form a rectangular belly band, which the sentiment can then be placed. I chose to have the join of the paper at the front as the sentiment then hides it.


With the treat inside the card stock the belly band can then be slipped over the card and the treat thus holding it in place. The final step is to tie the two ends of the treat holder together using a small amount of narrow ribbon. Feeding from the front to the back ensures the pretty knot is at the front.



And ..ta dahhhhhhh a pretty treat holder . I think I may use this again and again especially at Christmas and using the cookie cutter bundle. 

Well I hope the ladies at the meet like my little swap and if they don't ....well I have a hefty midnight feast in my hotel room.. Hope you will try this easy project and have fun creating.

Bye for now x A




2 comments:

  1. They're lovely Amanda and the tutorial is fab. I'm excited for you, hope you have a brill weekend and looking forward to hearing all about it on Monday! take care and have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, Amanda! And, the tutorial was great! Hope you had a great crafting get-a-way...Looking forward to seeing/hearing what you learned. Crafting hugs ~ Donna Lizbeth =)

    ReplyDelete