Pages

Friday 26 June 2020

Sunburst stencilling technique



After setting a challenge in my Stampin' Up! Team group to try the ' Sunburst technique' I set about trying to find a simple way to do it. I came up with a slightly different way to do it. Typically this idea is done cutting up strips of paper, instead i created a stencil and then stencilled over it... Sounds complicated but its so easy and fun too.


This card makes good use of the basic pattern decorative masks from Stampin' Up!. A Hidden gem in the annual catalogue on page 146. Stencils are awesome because it lets you get artsy and super creative. Your design will be unique to you as no two will ever be exactly the same. It feels even more creative for some reason and leaves you with a huge sense of pride and satisfaction.

I picked just three colours and graduated them using sponge daubers. Very effective.

I do have a step by step video tutorial so you can see exactly how I made the card and how to make a sunburst mask you can use over again.

I hope you will give this a try and have some fun with masks and stencils.

Happy stamping xxx Amanda


Product List

Video Tutorial

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda
    Over just discovered your channel and think you are wonderful. I hope to watch your Sunday morning tutorial too, this sounds like a great idea.
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete