Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Easy DIY sturdy storage.

Storage is every grafter's second hobby. As much as we love to craft we love to organise and store. So what better way to get pretty storage you love AND get to craft by making your own with your favourite supplies. Its so much fun and EASY too … let me show you how.

Now this is quite a size !!!! 7 1/2" x 4 1/8" x 4 5/8" so relay useful for storing lots of crafty goodies. An alternative Idea is to make just one drawer and sleeve and make it a small gift box for cards, or a notebook or...well anything.

So make one or make more and stack them up whether way this is a fun project which doesn't take long to make.

The easiest way to follow how to make this is to watch my step by step YouTube tutorial. I will leave all the measurements for you below and the products I used. Remember I am merely giving you the basis of an idea here you can totally dress this up. Add handle, drawer pulls, decorative feet... let your imagination go wild and have fun !!! 

Happy crafting xxx Amanda


Product List
Video Tutorial


Measurements 

Please note I create in Inches so all cm measurements are via conversion.

Drawer :- take one full sheet A4 UK size 11 3/4 " x 8 1/4" or 29.8cm x 21cm.
score on all four sides at 1" and 2 1/8" or 2.5 cm and 5.4cm .. cut tabs and construct as per youtube video above.
Drawer sleeve :- cut card  to 11 1/2 x 7 1/2" or 29.2 x 19cm score on the long side at 4 1/8"- 5 1/4" - 9 3/8"- 10 1/2" or 10.5cm - 13.3cm - 23.8cm - 26.7cm
Side panels cut card 1/8" shorter than size of box … yours may differ depending on the thickness of your card ..then cut dsp 1/8" smaller than the card to layer.

Construct box as per yputube video.

11 comments:

  1. Loving this Amanda. Looks fab that colour too. My list of have a go at that continues to grow! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really useful for holding bits and bobs of anything, and I really could do with making one right now! I started out thinking I'd struggle to fill the trolley with drawers that I bought to house my crafting paraphernalia,as it has 5 deep drawers and 10 shallow ones. Hah....as if!I've already had to shuffle the contents around and demote the least used stuff to baskets elsewhere, to make room for the ever increasing new stuff...all of it for papercrafting. Your videos are very user friendly, and inspiring..thanks Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday Amanda!
    I simply love these little drawers! I'll give the original video a watch later but I must run to my craft room & make a set for my stampin spots. Would make a nice gift for crafty friends as well. Hugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Great idea for table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening all, Amanda I'm so pleased you got that message as now you have made things simpler for us all. I love how easy these go together and you made me laugh at the same time as I have a condition called dyscalculia, which is dyslexia with numbers so I get so confused when trying to measure stuff. Seeing you do what I do all the time if was such a delight. Thank you for not editing it out as you made me feel so much better.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i love this idea its amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m going to try to convert this to letter size 8 1/2 x 11 any suggestions?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, so pretty, Thank you xx❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's lovely and, unlike so many projects I find, it uses UK A4 sized card :)

    ReplyDelete