Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Cellophane background technique for card making.


Okay I hold my hands up ..I am addicted to creating ink backgrounds! But..they are so much fun and you are guaranteed to get a unique card every time … let me share how.

So for this awesome look I used the cellophane technique...not new, not my idea. UK demos who attended Onstage in April were show this during a demonstration. I tried it as soon as I got home but first had to use foil and so my scrunchy foil technique was born. THEN I found the cling film/ cellophane so had to try again.

I have to say either foil or cellophane really gives the same effect. You can add a spritz of water too if you want a more smooshy diluted look. I was after strong colours so didn't add water. I love how this turned out.

I paired it up with Dragonfly dreams a stunning set with matching dies a must have which will never leave my collection even though it is retiring this time around. Dragon flies are a basic staple in my eyes and I see nothing to match it in the new catalogue.

So fancy getting inky ? Why not have a go yourself? I do have a fun step by step YouTube tutorial for you to follow so go grab a warm brew, get comfy and enjoy.

Happy stamping xxx Amanda

Product List

2 comments: