Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Inky fun with embossing folders.

I love inky techniques and playing with my crafty supplies to get different looks. Today I am sharing with you how to get a great look by adding ink to your embossing folders. A fun and easy technique you will certainly want to try.





Today I played with the Sale a bration freebie country floral embossing folder. As it is a dynamic textured folder the embossed patter is ultra deep and defined. To get a different look I used Stampin' Up! sponge brayers and added ink direct to the embossing folder then embossed my card. The look achieved is quite something.

To add to my design I then tapped versamark on the raised embossed areas then sprinkled with clear embossing powder mixed with dazzling diamonds glitter. This gives a subtle shimmer to the whole card. Another fun technique to try.

For an extra touch I stamped the flap of my envelope too using the Painted seasons stamp set. Another great free item only available until the end of March. So hurry if you don't have it yet, its a must for your collection.

I do have a fun YouTube tutorial for you to watch, which will load here once processed. I do hope you enjoyed this card and will give it a try for yourself at home. 

Happy stamping xxx Amanda

Product List
Video tutorial




16 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda,
    I just love this embossing folder but when I went to buy it I can't unless I purchase £45 worth of goods, I think that is so unfair. I have really enjoyed all your videos but that has spoilt it for me. Maybe a bit later on I will be able to buy the fold. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration with your beautiful card...
    Much love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that embossing folder. I have it myself. But I need to get the brayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda. I keep telling myself I need to try this technique! Maybe now I will. The envelope looks gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,one of my favourite colours,along with pink and purple x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this, i will have to give this ago, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous,i treat need to Judy emboss a few cards for when i have time to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this technique, have used it a number of times before and each time the results are great xxx don’t have this folder though 🙁

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun, I have so many embossing folders I never use and this is making me want to pull them out and use them x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great idea and great card., Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Amanda for another beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Haven't used mine yet! Thanks for the inspiration!Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really pretty embossing folder - thanks for ideas

    ReplyDelete