Pages

Saturday 16 March 2019

How to make your own watercolour backgrounds

I am not going to lie...I'm a messy crafter hands up. I just love when I can experiment with ink and water and have a play. I end up with a heap to clear up after, results will vary but it is fun ! So today I am sharing with you my love for inky messy crafting in the hope you will give it a try.
Creating your own backgrounds for cards makes YOUR card unique... many may use the same technique but no to cards will be the same. This technique is great to add to your card making skill set..and its fun ! Adulting is prrrrrretty boring so get out your inks and have a play. All you need is a bottle of spray water and your off.

I did use watercolour paper here, reason being it absorbs the water better allowing you to keep on wetting it until you get the results you want. But I have don it on regular card before and got good results. You just can keep wetting standard card as it will eventually fud and warp.

All this technique involves is adding ink direct onto an ink block, spray with water and use it to stamp. The more water you add the lighter the colour. If your not happy with the blending of sections on the card ...just spray it to re activate the ink so it blends. To stop colours running dry it between adding them with a heat gun.

I used three colours that I knew if they ran wouldn't turn to mud so do bear that in mind. I knew I was going to stamp over with black ink so chose light colours. I stamped with the stunning Dandelion Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up!. A stunning set I never tire of. If I were to change anything I might have added clear embossing powder to the image.

I do hope you enjoy this card and will give it a try. I have a YouTube video for you to see exactly how to do this technique. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter today's blog candy draw.

Happy stamping xx Amanda


Product List

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique but one I've not tried yet. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, awesome as usual, thanks for sharing :) Sara from UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper technique. Love it. And you used my favourite stamp.❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought of making my own background before, looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your response to the stamped image! Always a joy when an idea produces a great result....sometimes exceeding expectations.It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this technique and the colours you have used. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. Another technique to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will have to try this, i love this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the way your card turned out I can see how each one would be so different and that is what makes it so special.
    thank you for the inspiration on this very wet and windy day here in the East Midlands :)
    Love ~ lady Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. It's so fresh and useful for so many occasions. Thank you for your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started creating a sympathy card last night. I think I'm going to try this for the background. Would like to go to my craft room right now but have to leave for Church so I'll just have to wait. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete