Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Country floral embossed friendship card.

These days its not often I put specific sentiments on cards. Why ? because I really think we should send MORE and just because. Not just for a celebration like a wedding or a birthday , but just to show someone your thinking of them … just to say hi.

Today's card is what I call 'a smile in the mail'. The beautiful embossing folder I used here is Country florals, a FREE product during Sale-A-Bration as a level one choice. I did hear a little whisper that this will carry over to the new catalogue in June, so its a great one to pick now while its free.

I cut a basic heart shape in watercolour paper and then watercoloured just one section using Stampin' Up! inks and an aqua painter. I took my time, I find painting quite a mindful task which helps me relax and lets my mind wander.

I accentuated the colours I used with co-ordinating Gingham Gala DSP. Layering some under my main panel, and tearing strips for across the centre. This is a cool way to use paper, adding a different look and also frugal on your stash. I added my embossed heart with dimensionals. After die cutting yesterday with the Doily Builder thinlits, I had spare bits on my desk the pretty centre border in white was just lying around so I added that too.

I finished of with a beautiful sentiment taken from the Colourful Season stamp set. You make me smile is perfect for sending smiles in the mail. The font in this set really makes your cards have that special something.

I do hope you enjoy this card and will give it a try for yourself. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter today's blog candy draw.

Happy stamping xxxx Amanda



14 comments:

  1. Loving the colours on this card. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Amanda. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a smile today. The four friends I have lost in the past 4 weeks pale into insignificance, almost after the events in my hometown, Christchurch, NZ today. Your card is so bright a seems full of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card suitable for anyone x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Just the thing for my Aunts 90th birthday. I’ll have a go at it later. Thanks for your inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Amanda. Perfect positioning of the embossing folder on the heart x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Amanda ... hoping it make Spring come faster . Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card made me smile, it is such a gentle card, love the colours and the embossing.
    Love ~ lady Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and colour way. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embossing folder design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful beauty

    ReplyDelete