Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Elegant embossed flip lid box.

I am in box making mode today and love how this beauty turned out. Not a new idea but I gave it my best shot and added my own colour choices and a beautiful gold embossed lid.

The Blackberry bliss card and Petal pink co-ordinate beautifuly and the deep richness of the Blackberry Bliss sets off the gold heat embossing perfectly giving a luxury elegant look. The stamp is  named Lovely Lattice and is FREE !! you can choose it when you spend £45 or more during our famous Sale-a-bration.

The lid flips closed nicely with no further need for a closure. The finished size is approx 4 x 41/4" x 1 1/2" giving ample room for a variety of uses.

TIP OF THE DAY !!! never heat emboss directly onto a box structure as the heat can warp the card and make your box wonky ... trust me because I tried it! Hence my heat embossed image is done on a seperate piece and added after using dimentionals. 

The detail on the stamp realy is stunning and I am so pleased I didnt over look this unassuming stamp  it shall stay firmly in my hoard vault waaaaaaay after Sale-a-bration is over this year.

I do have a quick ...ish Youtube tutorial for the box so you can create one too. So grab a brew get comfy and enjoy the video. Measurements and products used are listed below and available in my online shop ... click the photos below to browse the goodies.

happy Stamping xxx Amanda
   
       

Measurements
Box - cut petal pink card to 7 x 7" score on all four sides at 1 1/2"
Flip lid - cut Blackberry bliss card to 10 x 7" score on long side at 4 1/4 and 5 3/4" then turn to short side and score at 1 1/2 and 5 1/2".
Cut flaps and construct box as per instructional video above.

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore this box and want to make it right now. ❤️ Is there a measurement for the piece of card you have embossed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This American girl so enjoyed your accent! Thanks for the inspiration. It’s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très belle boîte, j'aime beaucoup son décor!

    ReplyDelete