Pages

Monday 19 November 2018

Shabby chic hat box.

I am just in love with this pretty hat box it does open so you can add a gift inside. I was inspired by a photo I saw on pinterest the link is HERE  and this is the lady blog homepage HERE . I couldn't follow the instructions as the post is in French but I had to give it a try and figured a way to do it from just looking at the photo. Its easy really with the help of the Window box thinlits and a good old compass I soon created the hat shape. The rest is down to decoration.

I did decorate mine similar to the original using the Daisy delight stamp and punch to create two full dimensional flowers which I added to the side. The butterfly comes from the Painted glass set which I stamped and fussy cut. The only measuring I did was for the base.  For this I took a compass and had it set at around 2 1/4" so my base ended up around 5 1/2" in diameter.

I do have a Youtube tutorial for this project. I had to speed it up somewhat as I created this on a lazy Sunday and simply switched the camera on and crafted. I do love how it turned out and do hope you will give it a try. All the products used are listed below for you to click and browse. 

So why not grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video.

                                   

Happy stamping xxx Amanda


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment