Pages

Thursday 22 February 2018

Smooshing and splattering .... for Inspire Create Challenges #12 ...Animals


Nothing more I love than messy crafting. Makes me feel like I'm really creative if I make a mess. My favourite technique just now is water colour smooshing. I just love how you get a different result every time . I also love splattering ..... lots of fun.

On this card I splattered using the new Stampin' Blends ..using the brush tip end tap on a ruler or another pen and the ink gently splatters. Its fab because its tiny splatters not big old splurges so while its random its still real pretty.

I was a tad stuck for ideas yesterday before making this card so contacted my friends Hannah and Heidi for inspiration. They weren't around and so unsupervised I just went with whatever. Now Hannah runs the blog this card is going on .. he he he so I mischievously thought I would pick bright and garish colours ... my revenge for having no help. But yet again my evil plan was foiled. Not least because Stampin' Up! colours just seem to match. You could pick three colours wearing sunglasses, in Winter, at night time (to quote Ed Sherran)  and they would still match perfectly... How do they do that ?

I used Flying home with the cute little birdies to keep to the animal theme... and yes bright bold colours chiefly Lemon lime twist, Calypso coral and Flirty flamingo. My sentiment is from the oh Happy day card kit... these sets often have awesome stamp sets we easily over look.

So I hope this card gives some inspiration and please do go over to the Inspire Create Challenges page via the link below and check out the other entries, maybe even join in yourself.

Happy stamping , hugs xxx Amanda

Product List

1 comment:

  1. I always pick my colours wearing sunglasses, in winter, at night time.... don't know what your on about!! haha!
    Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges!
    x

    ReplyDelete