Pages

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Six sided milk carton box


I had seen a box this shape before on Pinterest yet when I tried to find one with measurements they all seemed to have used a box making die. So I set about figuring how to do it myself. It wasn't difficult I simply extended the standard milk carton idea, adding an extra panel. The size I came up with as a really great size for a gift box and would fit quite a lot inside. I was able to use the full width of a 12 x 12 with the use of the good old structure steps... which I love.

I used the back panel from a DSP pack but regular whisper white would be sturdy enough. Layered with the stunning Sweet soiree DSP and topped with a bright ribbon to close really makes for a striking box. A cute sentiment can be added to suit your occasion. I chose one from the Beautiful bouquet stamp set and simply punched it using the every day labels punch.

A pretty box I am sure you will agree. I have a full step by step tutorial for you to follow on my Youtube channel and all measurements and products used are listed below. You can purchase any of these products at any time by clicking the photo links or my shop now button to the right hand side.
So for now grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video..

Happy stamping xx Amanda
Measurements
Cut card 5 1/2 x 12" score on long side at 2,4,6,8 and 10"
turn and score on the short side at 1 1/2, 3 1/2 and 5 "
cut two circles using 2 1/4" circle punch ( for base inside and out).
Cut on piece 3 1/2 x 1" score at 1/2" this is your structure strip[ to fix the two sides together.
The top of the box is the 1/2" section .. on the section below that one mark each panel in the center at 1", then score from each corner up to where you marked..making a triangle in each panel ... just like a regular milk carton square box.. except we are extending it to have six sides.
You can follow along to my Youtube tutorial if you get stuck.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment