Pages

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Oh so Eclectic fun with watercoloring...


Today i fancied having a play so gout my Aqua painters ... love these and love making my own custom backgrounds. You can add o them put another picture over maybe or a lovely large sentiment but I let mine to show off the fantastic watery blending. This look is achieved with such ease its almost criminal.

The key is good quality water colouring paper , water based inks and aqua brushes, all available form Stampin' Up!.

I used the new Oh so Eclectic stamp set which lends its self perfectly to making custom backgrounds. I stamped using a sandwich of versa mark then basic black ink so I could then add clear embossing powder and set my design. This then resists the watercoloring without the black colour running ...perfect. This was backed onto Lemon lime card beautifully embossed using the Oh my stars embossing folder.

I had awesome fun creating this card and have a full process tutorial for you nofollow along ... have a try there is no right or wrong just good fun and easily achieved great results. Measurements and supplies are below ...and here is my video tutorial .... Happy stamping xxxxx Amanda

                                          




Measurements:-

Cut card base :- 11 1/2 x 4" score at 5 3/4" and fold to form card base

coloured layer :- 5 1/2 x 3 3/4'

watercolour paper :- 5 1/4 x 3 1/2"

Supplies used :-

Oh so Eclectic stamp set

Oh my stars embossing folder

Stampin up water colour paper

Berry Burst card and Ink

Lemon lime twist card and ink

Powder pink ink

Aqua painters

Basic Black ink

Versa mark embossing ink

Stampin' Up! Clear embossing powder



2 comments:

  1. Love this card ,, made differently with painting too , Love the affect ,, and glad you told us to set the black ink ,, i would have just used ink and ended up with a horrible mess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to have a go, but need buy to many things for it, xx

    ReplyDelete