Pages

Saturday 1 April 2017

Colour clash challenge that kinda didn't clash !!!


Bold bright clashing colours ... not my usual style. I am more of a subtles girls when it comes to colours. But we have to challenge ourselves right? So I closed my eyes and randomly chose two colours from my ink pad stack. I came out with soft sky and Tangerine tango.... wow those wouldn't go together I told myself ... shaking my head I set to work.

I found to my surprise that these two colours actually work really well together and I wouldn't even say they actually clash. The bright funky Tangerine tango looks fantasies against the soft sky back drop. I made my card to a regular 5 3/4 x4" and simply layered white front and inside which I faux stitched all the way round with Tangerine tango marker pen. I used DSP from the subtles range, a doily from the falling in love suite and layered a brighter orange doily on top ... beneath these is a simple double ended piece created using the scalloped tag topper punch. The catchy sentient in the centre was created using the banner punch and the Layering love stamp set. I finished off with in colour enamel shapes in calypso coral and Bermuda bay.

So never again will I assume two colours will clash ... you can just about make anything work if you just put your thinking cap on and goes to prove you don't need a shed load of supplies to create a great card ..... This is another blog exclusive project so apologies no video for this one. But you can easily recreate this card just by the visual its really very simple.... its the clashing colours that just makes it work ...who would have guessed.... Have a great weekend and ....

                                                       Happy stamping x Amanda

7 comments: