Pages

Sunday 10 March 2019

Box stand floating butterfly card.

Happy Sunday everyone I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Today I am sharing my latest 
 " floating card ". I love cards which have what appears to be floating elements, and you have to look close to see how it was done. This is not a new idea I have merely added my own twist and used my Stampin' Up! hoard .. sorry COLLECTION to create with.

So the magic here is that the butterflies, cut from the Butterfly Beauty thinlits, are adhered to a small strip of acetate which is then attached to the base . Brilliant isn't it ? I actually cut the butterflies down on this one so that when folded flat the card would go in a standard C6 envelope. You could totally have the full size die cut on there, and make your own envelope.

I also see this idea as a centre piece or table decoration ... it really is a versatile idea. I used a sentiment from the co-ordinating stamp set Beauty Abounds and my coloured card and ink is Berry Burst.

I will leave the measurements below, and if I get chance will do a video tutorial. I hope you like this project and maybe will give it a try. Don't forget to leave a comment to be in the blog candy giveaway draw for today. Check out my YouTube for announcements of winners.

Have an amazing weekend and …. happy stamping 

xxx Amanda

Measurements

1. Cut card to 4 x 11" score on long side at 1 - 2 3/4 - 3 3/4 - 7 1/4 - 8 1/4 - 10"fold and burnish,  you will see that we can make a B shape from the card folding the two end short scored parts inwards and under towards the centre of the underneath of the box shape.

2 .Unfold and make a gentle score at 5 1/2" finding the centre cut a thin slit 2 1/2" long along the score line … re cut the slit so you can slide acetate inside with ease. I used a craft knife for this.

3. Cut acetate strip to 2 1/4" wide to approx 5 7/8 " high.

4. Slide the acetate through the slit from the top and attach to one of the small sized flaps, I used a stapler. Then glue both flaps together underneath the base to form the B shape. When complete this structure should fold flat. Simply attach your butterflies to the acetate. Be careful not to protrude past the sizing of your envelope or custom make one.


16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with such diverse tutorials, always something different and interesting, and all of them 'do-able', so not at all daunting.Thanks Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤ Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. Thanks for all your ideas ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, great idea with this set x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice, must try this I like something a bit different too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Love this, So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is definately a show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember making a card similar to this and I love it, thank you for the inspiration, I just love your box xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Amanda, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete