Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2018

Make shaker elements with ANY dies.




I just love to make my own embellishments and shakers are one of the most fun. These can be used as stand alone embellishments or can be added to cards, boxes, bags, tags ... just about anything.

I wanted to make a kind of box shaped element so set about searching through my collection of thinlits to see what I could come up with. I cae across the Stitched labels and stitched shapes and figured they would work perfect.

I used window sheet and foam strips to sandwich my die cuts after creating a window in the front pannel. Adding two layers of foam strip deffinately allows more movement in the element, as well as more fun dimension. 

I find I like to seek out the smallest dies in my sets, these are often over looked as " fiddly" or not worth the " effort" but I find they are often the key to adding that special touch to a project.

In short my project highlights we really should take a close look at our dies...get them out, play and have fun. They dont need to pair with a set or be for a " prescribed" usage .... let your imagination spark and get more from your dies... and have fun too !!! 

If you want to see up close how I made my shaker embellishment I do have a step by step tutorial on my Youtube channel. So grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video.

Happy stamping xx Amanda

                             
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment