Pages

Thursday 9 August 2018

DIY shaker photo frame.


Nothing makes me happier than hand made home decor. Here we have a fantastic photo box with shakers inside all made from an acetate box and some super quality Verry Vanilla thick card stock from Stampin' Up!.

I had acetate boxes left over from some monthly kits I had done, you know we can't throw these things out right ? Us crafters always know that these things will be useful one day. I think this cute project justifies my slight hoarding instinct for packaging.

So Basically we adhere a photo to the inside of the acetate box ad sequins, seal it up then crete a pretty frame. The frame here measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/8" you would adjust according to your size of boxes remember to add a little to the width and height of the front from to help hide the box sides.

The hole was cut by first measuring 3/4" in wards from the outside edge on all four sides join the dots to make a rectangle then cut it out with a craft knife... or if you have a large shaped die that would look great too. I totally forgot to explain this part in my video tutorial ..I think my mind was in cuckoo land somewhere !

I decorated my frame with a lovely sentiment from All around which has great corner stamps and flourishes, i chose to heat emboss the wording. This was then matched up with extra touches using tea time venial stickers. Suer quick and easy home decor...I think the free is just as cute as my princess inside it.

Here is my step by step Youtube video for you to follow along with, so grab a brew get comfy and enjoy the tutorial.

Happy stamping xxx Amanda


                                       

Product List

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea Amanda, I am sure that you will complete your 100 things challenge successfully which will make you get to your 1000 video tutorials too. Subbies will certainly be coming in thick and fast too; so that 20K will be yours too no doubt. You have are a follower on my blog page; anything you want to CASE feel free - I too have set myself a couple of challenges but mine are over 2018. In January I set myself a challenge to see how many of my handmade cards I could send out to family and friends for birthdays; to say 'thank you' or just to say 'hello'. To date I am over 200 cards and still have a few months to go. Also I started my blog page in January and my challenge was to blog all my cards and to get 50 followers by the end of the year. To date I am on 45 so doing well. I will certainly be keeping a check on your progress Amanda and I wish you the BEST OF LUCK! :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete