Pages

Thursday 18 January 2018

Exploding paper handbag gift


Todays project is an exploding paper handbag. A fantastic concept I found on youtube and just had to try. The lady I saw create this is known as scrapbooking with me.

The finished item is quite a good size and very sturdy due to the folding. Its incredibly difficult to show the process on a blog and so further down you will find a link to my full YouTube tutorial which I strongly advise watching.

I used the new painted with love DSP choosing this pretty small hearts design and paired it up with co-ordination powder pink card stock.

The stamp set I used for the small embellishment was Perennial Birthday and I sneaked the sentiment from Happy wishes the fantastic double boxed Sale-A-Bration set.


The bag is created from one sheet of 12 x 12 scored to all fold together to create the bag base needing no glue to keep it together. You end up with a triangular shaped bag.


Added to this is a simple flap which closes with velcro and a handle created from the same DSP and card. The bag then opens to reveal a simple card attached to the interior base, you can also add some goodies there would be room.

So if you would like to recreate this project yourself here is my YouTube tutorial . I have also added a link in the description box to the video i followed along to. I would suggest checking the ladies channel our as she's an amazing crafter and well worth watching ... so grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the film .

Happy stamping xxx Amanda


                                    

Measurements

Bag is one sheet of 12 x 12 scored at 4" and 8" rotate and score same again.
Flap is 4 x 4" scored at 1 and 2"
Handle is 1" x 12" coloured card layered with 3/4 x 12" DSP, score at each end at 1 1/2"
TO SEE SCORING FOR BAG STRUCTURE REFER TO VIDEO POSTED ABOVE

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment