Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

Hanging star gift box ...



I love different shape boxes and when I saw this shape on Pinterest I just had to try it..I did a lot of nosing about and seems this is not a new design, things rarely are, and so I couldn't find an original source. I didn't invent the concept but today I have given it my personal twist.

So whilst this looks complicated it really is not. The box is made in two halves both created in exactly the same way then simply joined together to form one full shape. You can make two of these from one sheet of 12 x 12 so its a nice size too. I used the Bundle of love paper as its slightly heavier weight than regular DSP. You could hand stamp some card stock too for a nice sturdy box.

I decided to turn it into a hanging box since its coming close to Christmas but I didn't make the box too " Christmassy" then you can see it can be used for any occasion. Adding the friend sentiment and the wooden elements gives the box a pretty look without just stamping a sentiment. Sometimes going the extra mile really can make a project look amazing. So instead of stamping I created my sentiment from the lovely words thinlits which I layered several to give a sturdy dimensional look. I then embossed with clear powder to give it extra protection and a subtle gloss.

You can re create this box with ease at home it really is simple. All the measurements and products used are listed below and I have a step by step YouTube tutorial for you to follow too. So grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video...

Happy stamping xx Amanda


Measurements:-
Cut two sheets of DSP or card to 6' x 5 1/4'
on the show t side mark top and bottom at 2 5/8' with a pencil, turn to the long side and mark top and bottom with a pencil at 1 1/2' and 4 1/2' then line up the pencil marks on the diagonal and cut off all four corners on both pieces.
Then mark all sides of your shape at 1 1/2' and join all of these marks by scoring on the diagonal from one pencil mark to the other. Do this all the way around going clockwise.
Finally score OUT to each corner from the point where the previous score lines meet. Do this all the way round your shape and on both pieces.
Fold and burnish all the long score marks and pinch and squeeze the smaller ones.
Place one shape on to pf the other to create your box, hold with ribbon or glue half closed choice is yours.
For more instruction see my YouTube tutorial posted above

Product List

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this box is beautiful, and really doesn't seem to be as difficult as appearance would indicate. Thanks for the video and the measurements. I'll be making at least one of these for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete