Pages

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Easy watercolour wash card ...



Watercolour wash backgrounds are so easy and yet so effective. It looks really artsy and cool but is so simple its child splay. You can very quickly run up a whole batch of backgrounds for your card making, tags, ATC or mixed media backdrops.

I always love when mess is involved. I love techniques where you really get to grips with colours and the Stampin' Up! watercolour pencils are just amazing. All you need do is literally scribble your chosen colours and then add water. I used an aqua painter brush and I did use watercolour paper which I would recommend above using ordinary card. if you used non watercolour paper you end up with funding and the paper can stretch and warp , its always best to choose watercolour paper as it hold water better.

I used the fantastic layering love stamp set for my sentiment. This set has several large bold sentiments which I call focus sentiments. By this I mean little else is needed on your card as the sentiment does all the work for you. I used Mellon mambo, Calypso Coral and Bermuda bay pencils and then stamped my sentiment in Melon mambo. I added a little extra detail with in colour enamel shapes which are super cute.

The watercolour paper was cut to size and simply layered onto whisper white. It looks fab as the watercolour paper I used has a slight texture to it too so sets it slightly apart from the white card base.

I do hope this card helps inspire you and encourage you to get creative with watercolour pencils. There is a Youtube video where you can follow me set by set. Click the link below subscribe click like ...and enjoy




                                                                 Happy stamping xx Amanda










Card size:-

cut card to 11 1/2 x 4" score at 5 3/4 " to form card base
cut watercolour card to 5 1/2 x 3 3/4"

2 comments:

  1. Fabulously easy to do card that looks stunning Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb quicky card xx Ideal for last minute birthday TFS hunni xxx

    ReplyDelete