Pages

Thursday 6 April 2017

Birthday Carousel showcase card..playing with bold colours




So todays card I created a few days back...I was sat in my room looking at all the samples I have made recently and realised I lean ALOT towards subtle colours. Well Im no one trick pony thats for sure, and so that day I decided to be BOLD. I so wanted to try some bold funky colours and step out of my normal subconscious choices. I though I would struggle but yet again Stampin' Up! came to my rescue. I know Im biased as I just adore everything Stampin' Up! but having matching papers and card stock to the inks you have really does help. I literally pulled out a sheet of Bermuda bay and Calypso coral card and went from there.

The Birthday carousel stamp set is just fantastic fun to play with. Its new to my collection so I haven't used it an awful lot. Lucky for me I did get the matching DSP paper pad so its easy to create a great project. I stamped the ferris wheel in Bermuda bay and I hand cut this out. I then stamped it again to have extra cup cakes to cut out and these helped decorate my sentiment. I only used slivers of paper from the DSP stack, very frugal yayyy, but its just enough to pull the theme and the colours together. poped up on dimensionals the ferris wheel looks awesome. The cup cakes are hand coloured using Stampin' Up! markers again in the set are the matching colours I used Calypso coral and Peek a boo peach. The sentiment was cut from the elegant labels punch and I simply punched two more in both card stock colours and layered them. I think it looks effective.

I had loads of fun trying to be bold and I think I pulled it off... but like I say its easy when you have great products .... and a little imagination... Hope you will try it ...

                                              Happy Stamping xxxx Amanda

1 comment: