Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Playing catch up !!!!!!

Ok so I am very much back to earth now and playing catch up. Whilst I was away on holiday I had projects on Youtube that never quite made my blog so today I am re visiting them and giving out sizes as I would usually. Goodness I need a holiday to get over coming back from holiday !!


So the first card is using the stunning Swan lake stamp set. This is a stunning ten piece set with a good range of use with pretty, yet non specific sentiments making for great versatility. I did originally want the project to be a postcard and so stamped onto a watercolour grade paper postcard. I used my Stampin' Up! markers to colour and as they are water based created a watery effect using a aqua brush. The watercolour postcards i acquired local measure 6 x 4" and so to back onto a card simply increase the measurements by 1/4" .... Obviously I inked the edges .. it was ESSENTIAL ..I do love inking and the Stampin' Up! sponges help give a great look.


The second card I neglected on my blog ...poor card... was this super easy thank you card . The idea here being to keep colours minimal to show anyone new to Stampin' Up! you don't need a room bursting with products to create a great card. The colour here is wisteria wonder. As all items are the same colour shade, the card, paper and ink , it isn't hard to make a great card. I used DSP from the subtle range a great 12 x 12 paper pad full to bursting of double sided sheets in all the subtle colours so your never without. I also used co-ordinating card stock available in a4 size packs. The stamp set is the Window shopping set. Now this is originally to be teamed up with the window box thinlits die but here I used it alone. Its a stunning stamp set. I used the share panel stamps alternately and then simply stamped out the large sentiment which gives a stunning central feature.... 

I feel at ease now I have given these two cards blog time they really did deserve to be shared. I hope they inspire you to try them. You can find video tutorials on both these cards on my Youtube channel the link in in the left sidebar.

If you see anything you wish to purchase click my shop now icon to the right, or check out my SHOP NOW page in the tabs above.... Happy stamping, hugs xx Amanda

measurements for card two:-

card base:- 8 1/2 x 6" score at 4 1/4 to fold
DSP layer:- 5 4/4 x 4"
Stamped panels:- 2 x 3 1/2 x 2"
sentiment yardstick layer:- 2 1/2 x 2 1/2"
sentiment stamped layer :- 2 1/4 x 2 1/4"


No comments:

Post a Comment