Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

Happy Thursday Ladies

Well what awesome weather we are having! I was thinking of hosting a pool party at my house today if anyone fancies calling round. Don't forget your bikini and factor 20! What is happening with our weather its absolute garbage. Cant say I shall be sorry to be sailing away to sunnier climates before too long.

Yesterday I asked my friend, who is away at the same time as me, If she was packed yet. I was greeted with quite a, shall we say, an un polite response ha ha ha ha. I am never prepared for going away every years the same. Always right up to the last minute literally as the taxi is pulling up outside i'm still stuffing things in the cases and bags and frantically trying to remember if I have everything. I did once arrive in the airport in Rome and had forgotten our transfer and hotel details ... I had no idea which hotel we were in or where it was. Lucky for us a lovely Italian taxi driver was stood there with our names on a card waiting and he knew where we were going. Last year hubby didn't get Euros for the stop off's ... "don't worry we can get them on the ship" he said flippantly .... The cash machine on board declined his card, and then because the ships are classed as American territory his card provider promptly cancelled his card as it was showing as being used in America .. Nightmare !!! ha ha ha ha could only happen to the Charlesworth's. Luckily he could simply ring his business bank manager and they sorted it all out within the hour... phew !

Last year we sailed from Southampton and as we were heading down the motorway there was a pile up and thus we were delayed ... when the sat nav started to indicate we wouldn't arrive at the cruise terminal until AFTER the ship was due to sail I just simply blubbed. But again Hubby to the rescue he said we would make it and if we didn't he would pay to fly us to the next stop. As it happened we arrived well before sailing so panic over. Every year something happens ...but its always worth it as the holidays are always amazing and the places we get to see are outstanding.

Hubby works literally 24/7 he has quite a large firm and so time off is virtually impossible so he treats us every year to a wonderful cruise. We have been all over always on Royal Caribbean ships. I have to say their customer service could learn some people a thing or two. Its impeccable nothing is too much trouble and I have never yet come across a grumpy waiter or unhelpful staff of any kind. And then there is the food ...well needless to say I shall be rather larger on my return than my departure.

Crafting well ....whats that ? I seem to have been so busy I simply haven't had time past playing with my stampin up demonstration items .... The new catalogue with the christmas items is out and ohhh my its awesome .... I did make more thank you cards for my expanding customer base ...
You may see a bit of a theme here ...well I figured if it aint broke don't fix it. So it's similar to the last set I made except I used pool party ink, and backed the stamped images with Subtles range DSP rather than plain card. I just love the crisp fresh look the subtle range colours give against a white background. And I really do like the minimal look on cards. I shall have to come up with a different design for next month though don't think I can swing this one again.

I had a wonderful morning of yesterday at my crazy friends house. Fern is a friend I met through Alexia's old school from when I was chair of the PTA. Fern is amazing at getting free things from businesses she even got donation from a BANK,  almost unheard of if you have ever been involved in fundraising you will know this is no mean feat. I adore Fern she is a complete loon her kids are loons her husband is a loon and so are the two dogs, four cats, 15 chickens and four ducks. Her new idea for a pet is an al packa which I probably have spelt wrong. She will get one as well I have no doubt in my mind ! She really does make me smile and we came home with a HUUUUUGe bowl of fresh duck eggs .. can't beat it.

Well today I shall be dotting the I's and crossing the T's of my little shop sending out subscription boxes and writing long, and likely repetitive, lists for Gemma who will run things while Im away. She will likely ignore everything I say and just do her own thing ha ha ha. She knows the products well and I have purposely kept the stock level on the store low knowing I would be away to make it easier for her. On my return there are around thirty new items sat waiting to go on but I won't confuse her with that. I don't know what I shall do when she graduates and gets a proper job I shall be lost. Alexia has been making tags bless her she has learnt the cutting lengths and uses my stampin up punch to create them then does all the stamping and embellishing she's fab. She will also help with kits or counting out things huge help. and all she ever asks for in return is a Dixons ice cream. I shall be sad when school holidays are over she's a pure joy .... I shall attempt to blog again before I leave I have LOOOOADS of time ...famous last words there ...

I did try loose a few lbs for my holiday this year as some of my clothes were feeling a little tight ... I reckon I lost about half a stone which is not bad in just a few weeks. I did have to give up my passion  BREAD. I love bread just even on its own with just butter on doesn't have to be fancy but yeah ....straight to the hips. So I am now comfy in my size 10's instead of looking like I was packed in there which isn't a good look ha ha ha ha ... I shall be in joggers when I get home as nothing will fit and I shall be rolled down the gang plank like a barrel from all the food and cocktails wahooooo ... can you tell I'm excited !!! I can't almost taste those pina coladas ... oh well tea for now and back to work ..cryyyyy ha ha ha ha ha.

take care lovelies and bye for now xxxx A

11 comments:

  1. Fab..as always ... griining like a Cheshire cat here as always ... the fast lane has nothing on you Mrs . Love these Blogs ..keep em comming .. in case you dont have time to come back .. have a fabulous enriched family holiday . Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AwwI have looooads of time Kay ha ha ha ha ... Thanks loads sweetheart huge hugs xx Amanda

      Delete
  2. what are you like missus sounds like you and fern are well suited x I hope that you all have an amazing holiday you all work so hard so to have quality family time in the lap of luxury is the least you all deserve x Sending loads of love and hugs Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen babes look after my two babies while I'm gone ha ha ha ha ha ha ... no I don't mean my dogs i mean our groups lol ... feel free to run an extra small competition if you want to ... £10 off voucher ... if you feel up to it anyway . huge hugs xxx

      Delete
  3. hope you all have a brill time hunni and we will miss you , I hope you pay lexie more than just ice cream shes a lil star an can just picture her wile your away with a rak of rib s lollol anyway have fun speak soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes she will be eating steak and assorts she like a man with her food ha ha ha ha ha ...will miss you too darling ...keep up the videos and the stampin your our top seller !! soon be at Bronze elite i will have to make you a very special card ....do you like lillies ???? ha ha ha ha ha xxx A

      Delete
  4. You are one very entertaining lady ! That had me smiling a lot. Have a fabulous time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming on here to hear what antics you have been up to. You could make lilies your logo for Stampin'Up. At least your businesses can become family business with Alexi roped in you know Scrimpymommy and daughter. Have a lovely holiday in case we don't hear from you beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Theo your a genius ... to cover my tracks at being rubbish with cards I can indeed do the same one ...as my LOGO !!! fantastic !!! thanks for coming over sweetie xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh, your holiday at sea sounds lovely...Have a fabulous time! Love your calla lily card...They are one of my favorite flowers. Safe travels. Bon Voyage hugs ~ Donna =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna , I shall try my very best ha ha ha ha xxx

      Delete